CCHY-RCYPS Satellite partnership
What is the Programme about ?
Our Partnership with RCYPS promotes social integration in making our society a more inclusive one. Through the many activities organised, such as the spreading of the joy of Chinese New Year by giving mandarin oranges to residents in the Yishun neighbourhood, Marina Bay Run, National Day Celebrations and Community Mural Painting, students from both school interact and understand each other better. Staff from RCYPS also share valuable insights with CCHY teachers to better equip them with strategies to engage special needs students.
- Selected mainstream and SPED schools to come together to plan for purposeful and appropriate integration programmes
- Through these planned and purposeful interactions, greater mutual understanding between the two groups of pupils is fostered.
- Identified selected SPED schools which are co-located with mainstream schools to pilot project. Findings from the pilot, was used to guide refinements of the satellite model.
- Focuses on Social Integration.
- For students of RCYPS school, there was opportunity for social skills taught to be put into practise
- For CCHY pupils, they were provided with the chance to understand the differences between themselves and the students with special needs and to show empathy and compassion to the SPED school pupils.