Fire Precautions & Emergency Evacuation
Whoever is the first to notice the fire/emergency will inform the Principal/Vice Principal/HODs. Immediate steps will be taken to call the Fire Brigade (Tel No: 995) and activate the fire drill/SOP evacuation plans.
- The school bell/hand bell will ring continuously for about 1 minute.
- Students are advised to be calm. Walk swiftly and assemble in an orderly manner. Do not panic or talk.
Actions to be taken by students
- Stop work immediately.
- Switch off all fans and lights.
- Move out in twos and assemble in the school field.
At the assembly area
- Maintain silence at the assembly area.
- Listen to instructions from teachers.
- Monitors will assist teachers in taking attendance.
Additional Points to note
- The direction of movement during evacuation depends on the location of danger. The staff and students should be familiar with alternative exits or evacuation routes. Should a specific staircase be shut off or rendered unsafe for use due to smoke or fire, alternative routes should be used.
- All students should respond to the warning signal and leave the premises when the fire alarm is sounded.
- The administrative staff and departmental assistants will ensure that class registers and all important documents are removed from the office/laboratories.