Home > Our Community > Chung Cheng Family > Parent-Support Group (PSG)
Parent-Support Group (PSG)
Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) has a strong and dedicated Parent Support Group (PSG) which are involved in school programmes and activities for students' holistic development.
Through close partnership between the school and parent, we hope to create an conducive learning environment for our children throughout their secondary life in Chung Cheng High School (Yishun).
To gather a group of like-minded, talented and experienced parents to support the school in the overall holistic development of our children.
- To strengthen the structure of PSG to better support students in their learning through closer working relationship with the school;
- To develop platforms for parents to nurture positive family relationships with their children through networking and sharing of ideas with other parents & teachers;
- To engage parents as partners to share parenting tips to prepare students with knowledge, skills and values to be future-ready
Roles and Responsibilities
The PSG Chairperson shall:
- lead the PSG in working closely with the School to champion the School’s Vision, Mission, Values and Goals;
- lead the PSG in supporting the School’s programmes and activities;
- work closely with the School’s PSG liaison officer to coordinate and plan PSG meetings and programmes;
- be the uniting factor that binds the PSG together for the common interest of the parents and student population;
- preside all EXCO meetings;
- sign the notes of meeting for each meeting after the minutes have been approved;
- endorse the event committee’s budget proposed by the Secretary and approved by the EXCO;
- appoint / assign event co-ordinator(s) and or sub-committee members.
The PSG Vice Chairperson shall:
- represent the Chairperson in his/her absence in administering the roles of the Chairman.
The PSG Treasurer shall:
- be responsible for the financial management of the PSG from procurement to receipt and payment;
- maintain an up-to-date ledger that reflects the latest financial position of the PSG’s cash account balance;
- update the PSG regularly on the status of the PSG’s cash account balance;
- advise PSG on the use of the PSG funds.
The PSG Secretary shall:
- keep minutes of meeting, maintain custody of all documents and records of the EXCO and generally perform all duties relating to his office;
- act as Secretary at all EXCO meetings.
- publicize PSG activities and events through Facebook and upload any new activities and events to the social media to increase awareness of CCHY PSG.
The PSG EXCO member shall:
- mentor new PSG members in supporting PSG activities;
- advise parents if they have queries during school activities;
- support Chairperson and Vice Chairperson in the coordinating and administering of the PSG meetings and programmes;
- act as a communication channel between the parents, the PSG and the school.
CCHY PSG Exco 2020
- Chairperson: Joanne Foong
- Vice Chairperson: Tan Mui Chee
- Secretary: Karen Yeo
- Treasurer: Karen Yeo
- Marcom Admin: Minyi
- Sec 1 Team Leader: Michelle Yap
- Exco Member: Kelly Teo, Yin Jinghe,Galdys Teng, Gladys Ang, Jacqueline Chang, Sadhana, Dong Ping, Tracy Tang, Yvonne Choo
Parents are welcome to recommend suitable topics / speakers which would help impart parenting skills. Give the school counsellor a call or email her.